Trickle-down technology can be a wonderful thing, especially when that technology comes from Sonus faber. Long known for both the sonic and visual beauty of their speakers — including many world-class, cost-no-object models — Sonus has imparted much of that speaker-building know-how into the Venere 2.5 tower (at a decidedly more real-world price). That means even us regular folks can benefit from all that high-end experience without totally breaking the bank.This sleek, solidly built floor-standing speaker also takes many design cues from the lyre, a string instrument, to deliver exceptionally accurate and natural sound. By combining the curving, fluid shape of that ancient acoustic instrument with state-of-the-art technology and careful tuning by ear, Sonus faber has created a speaker that vividly brings all your home entertainment to life — whether you're using a single pair for stereo music, or creating a complete surround sound system. The Venere 2.5 is ideal for use in medium- to large-sized rooms.
Better cabinet construction improves performance
Cabinet vibration, or resonance, can add coloration and distortion to music and vocals. To mask resonance, many speaker manufacturers heavily damp their cabinets. While effective, over-damping can also thicken and dull the sound of your music. Instead of taking a sledgehammer approach to killing vibration, Sonus faber carefully shapes and tunes its cabinets to work in synergy with the drivers. Using curved, non-parallel internal surfaces to control enclosure resonance, this speaker is able to reproduce sound that is clean, lively, and dynamic.
Beyond just looking pretty, the Venere 2.5's unique cabinet offers other benefits, as well. Its curved, sloping front baffle aligns the woofer and tweeter to provide a better sonic transition between drivers, and ensure that low- and high-frequency sounds reach your ears at the same time, for greater clarity. The front-firing port and narrowly tapering rear of the cabinet help reduce interaction between the speaker and the wall, making placement easier and less critical. And Sonus faber utilizes a tempered-glass top-panel to eliminate high-frequency vibration which can lead to distortion, harshness, and listening fatigue. All of these advanced cabinet building techniques and materials result in speakers with impressive transparency and a deep, expansive soundstage.
- frequency response: 40-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 40-250 watts
- 1-1/8" silk soft dome tweeter for smooth, detailed high-frequency response
- 7" thermo-molded polypropylene textile Curv cone mid-woofer to enhance stiffness and reduce mass for greater speed and accuracy
- 7" thermo-molded polypropylene textile Curv cone woofer
- curved cabinets for increased rigidity and reduced internal standing waves
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- high-quality crossovers for greater accuracy
- dual heavy-duty binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- 13-7/16"W x 43-5/8"H x 17-1/4"D
- weight: 43 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
No review found.
Please Login to post review.