The NAD CI 980 is a compact powerhouse offering superb sound and robust reliability. The eight individual channels can be fed from either the global input bus, or each channel can have its own input with the flip of a switch. The cool-running CI 980 also has a thermostatically controlled fan system. The CI 980 is designed to fit into standard rack units, making its installation easy and fluid. Delivering a truly expansive sonic experience, the CI 980 will impress even the most experienced of listeners.
8 channels of clean NAD Power
With the CI 980, NAD introduces a new generation of high performance amplification for custom installation and distributed audio systems. The CI 980 has 8 channels of clean, low distortion power set up in a 4 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 50 watts per channel, the CI 980 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. By utilizing the latest high efficiency switching amplifier technology, the CI 980 is an all-new design built to be small, light, and very energy efficient, with superb musical sound quality for which NAD is known.
No worries, No hassle
System reliability and simple installation were the primary objectives in the CI 980 design. The 2U rack height and included rack ears make excellent use of precious rack space, while the highly efficient amplifier produces very little heat, allowing multiple CI 980s to be used in a single rack. Thermostatically controlled forced air-cooling ensures a long trouble-free service life. Phoenix speaker connection blocks make installation a snap, and a selectable local or global input further simplifies wiring. The bridging feature allows any pair of channels to become a single high power channel.
Simplicity in Integration
The CI 980 offers a choice of DC trigger or signal-sensing auto on with auto shut-off.
Our signal sensing circuit employs a sophisticated music sensing circuit to prevent the false triggers common with noisy source components, or other types of interference noise like RF leakage or ground loops. Rack install is made neat and efficient, thanks to inputs and triggers that offer daisy chain outputs.
Well protected, Energy-saving
The CI 980 voltage is universal, which can be important in marine and avionics installations. The amplifier is fully protected from short-circuiting and overheating, plus operation is automatically restored after the condition is rectified. Indicator lamps for each zone show protection status and amplifier clipping. With <0.5W Standby consumption and highly efficient power delivery, the CI 980 will impress with its energy efficiency.
NAD is in the top tier of all amplifier brands, consistently winning awards for both performance and value for money. The CI 980 offers warm, expansive and intensely musical sound, designed to drive real world speaker loads. You will love the way the CI 980 brings out the best performance from any speaker for a remarkable listening experience. It is also extremely quiet with inaudible residual noise in no signal conditions, important when using efficient speakers in small spaces.
- Eight channels of clean, low distortion power set up in four stereo zone configuration
- 50W x 8 @ 8 Ohms; 60W x 8 @ 4 Ohms; 120W @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode
- Universal voltage to accommodate marine or avionics installations
- Compact 2U rack height with rack ears
- Phoenix speaker connection blocks
- Detachable power cable for easy service and upgrades
- Indicator lamps for each zone that show protection status and amplifier clipping
- <0.5W standby consumption
- <0.03% THD; <0.04% IMD (SMPTE, CCIR)
- >86dBA referenced to 1W
- Continuous Output Power
- 8 Ohms
- 8 x 50W (ref. rated THD, 20Hz-20Hz, all channels driven)
- 4 Ohms
- 8 x 60W
- 8 Ohms Bridge Mode
- Rated THD (250mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100)
- <0.03% (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
- Clipping Power
- >155W (ref. 1kHz, 8 Ohms, 0.1% THD)
- Damping Factor
- >150 (ref. 8 Ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- Input Sensitivity
- 1.1V (ref. rated power)
- Voltage Gain
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz-20kHz ±1dB
- Signal/Noise Ratio, A-Weighted
- >80dB (ref. 1W/8 Ohms)
>100dB (ref. 50W)
- Miniumu Input Signal to Trigger (auto sense mode)
- Time to Automatic Standby (without signal at input sense mode)
- 10 minutes
- Rated Power
- 600W (120V 60Hz, 230V 50Hz)
- Idle Power
- Standby Power
Weight & Dimensions
- Gross Dimensions* (W x H x D)
- 483 x 105 x 323mm (19 1/16 x 4 3/16 x 12 3/4”)**
- Net Weight
- 5.72kg (12.6lb)
- Shipping Weight
- 7.1kg (15.65lb)
No review found.
Please Login to post review.