Amazing sound, pure and simple
Stereo music lovers, meet the Cambridge Audio Topaz SR20. An outstanding value considering its audiophile-grade parts and construction, this receiver has connections for eight different audio sources, including three digital inputs. The inclusion of a Wolfson digital-to-analog converter means clear sound with depth and detail from streaming media players, Blu-ray players, and more. A direct connection for a turntable lets you enjoy your music on vinyl without the addition of a phono preamp, and the versatile front-panel minijack connector gives you an easy connection for most any kind of MP3 player or portable device. Two pairs of speaker outputs let you drive a second pair of speakers or bi-wire compatible speakers for optimal performance. And a connection for an optional powered subwoofer lets you enjoy the full sound of a 2.1 stereo system.
At the heart of the SR20's powerful sound is a Class AB amplifier fed by a toroidal transformer that makes its 100 watts per channel sound like significantly more. Every time Cambridge reps come here to share demos with us, I'm blown away by the room-filling sound coming from what seems a modestly-powered amp, spec-wise. Whether you pair the SR20 with floor-standing speakers or compact satellites, your listening room will be filled with incredibly pure, detailed sound. And to top it all off, the receiver's stylish and functional metal casing provides acoustic damping to reduce distortion caused by vibration for the cleanest possible performance.
- 100 watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.15% THD
- toroidal transformer ensures clean, dynamic sound
- onboard Wolfson digital-to-analog converter allows digital sources to be played with detail and depth
- 8 audio inputs (including MM/MC phono input for a turntable, 3 digital inputs, and a front mini jack)
- 30 AM/FM station presets
- Radio Data System (RDS) displays broadcast text from stations (where available)
- brushed aluminum front panel with wrap-over lid assembly controls resonance
- quiet speed controlled cooling fan for higher efficiency and cleaner sound
- remote control
- two sets of binding post speaker connectors (allows for A/B switching or bi-wiring with compatible speakers)
- 1 mono RCA output for powered subwoofer
- full-size front headphone jack
- detachable power cord
- 16-15/16"W x 4-1/4"H x 14-9/16"D
- weight: 17.8 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C10770
What's in the box:
Cambridge Audio Topaz SR20 owner's manual
- Stereo receiver
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC-SR20)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AM antenna loop
- FM-wire antenna with connector
- Quick Start booklet
- Important Safety Instructions
No review found.
Please Login to post review.